Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kjin5065

PowerBI Desktop Freeze Pane Function

Hi All,

I am trying to freeze KPI cards or visuals like a Freeze pane function in Excel.
Is there any way to do this? (I should not use the matrix)

There is a page that is so big that I have to scroll down.
It would be very convenient if I could freeze some visuals in the top row.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kjin5065 ,
As @johnbasha33  describes, there is no support in power bi for freezing parts of the data of visual objects.
If you want to achieve similar functionality, By using the Matrix visual, add all the columns that you want to freeze under the 'Rows' and disabledthe 'Stepped Layout' option under 'Row headers'. This is one of the fastest ways to accomplish your goal. But you mentioned that instead of using matrix, you can create buttons associated with bookmarks so that you can jump to the report state you want faster, i.e. you can compare the previous data with the next data faster.
Of course, this effect can also be achieved by fixing static visual objects with the visual object fixing to dashboard feature of the power bi service.

Solved: Is it possible to freeze the two first column into... - Microsoft Fabric Community
Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kjin5065 ,
As @johnbasha33  describes, there is no support in power bi for freezing parts of the data of visual objects.
If you want to achieve similar functionality, By using the Matrix visual, add all the columns that you want to freeze under the 'Rows' and disabledthe 'Stepped Layout' option under 'Row headers'. This is one of the fastest ways to accomplish your goal. But you mentioned that instead of using matrix, you can create buttons associated with bookmarks so that you can jump to the report state you want faster, i.e. you can compare the previous data with the next data faster.
Of course, this effect can also be achieved by fixing static visual objects with the visual object fixing to dashboard feature of the power bi service.

Solved: Is it possible to freeze the two first column into... - Microsoft Fabric Community
Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@kjin5065 
In Power BI, there isn't a built-in feature equivalent to the Freeze Panes functionality in Excel.
you can submit this as an Idea in Power BI forum. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.