Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

Power automate export data to onedrive to allow for all users

Hi

I have a power automate button that triggers an export to csv to onedrive downloads folder. Some users do have access to run the flow but when they do it saves it to my when drive. How can I get it to dynamically change to current users drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Interesting question.  When you trigger the flow you do not only get the Power BI data as a table, but also meta data on who triggered the flow 

lbendlin_0-1649634381933.png

Basend on that you should be able to set the destination sharepoint/onedrive for that csv data.  However, this also means that you need to share your flow with all potential users, and all potential users may need to share their Onedrive with you.  That's most likely not an acceptable setup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sanprasa

Hi, If anyone know the solution for this kindly let me know i m trying to find the solution for last one week did not succeed.

Hi, I ended up using sharepoint or teams as central location where users were given access to that central location

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Interesting question.  When you trigger the flow you do not only get the Power BI data as a table, but also meta data on who triggered the flow 

lbendlin_0-1649634381933.png

Basend on that you should be able to set the destination sharepoint/onedrive for that csv data.  However, this also means that you need to share your flow with all potential users, and all potential users may need to share their Onedrive with you.  That's most likely not an acceptable setup.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.