Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

epiphanied

Power Query won't load into power bi

When importing and transforming data from power bi, using power query, I changed the imported table name. After finishing all data transforming and loading back into power bi, I get an error about the table name change. Power bi gives no option to go back into the power query editor to fix it as all I have is two options, 'Apply changes' or ' Discard changes' . 'Apply' results in the error and 'Discard' causes me to lose all my work in power query. I cannot believe there's no way back to fix the query. Please advise what I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@epiphanied , From Home Tab-> Transform Data -> Transform Data should allow you to open it

Or try to add something new and use transform data, not load data, you should able to reach power query and edit query again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
epiphanied

Yes this! I just had to go into Transform Data again to have a look at the query problems and fix. Thanks amitchandak for the advice.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@epiphanied , From Home Tab-> Transform Data -> Transform Data should allow you to open it

Or try to add something new and use transform data, not load data, you should able to reach power query and edit query again

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.