Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

khacwee
Frequent Visitor

Power BI auto rename column in Table View issues

Dear all,

I have suddenly experienced an issue where whenever i clicked on one of 'Calculated Column A' in Table View , and then click another 'Any Column B', my Table will be randomly renamed into the name of Column B and mess up all my data. 

If the column name is already used, it prompts an error message prevent my table to be renamed into the column name. 

Please find below sample for the error reproduced. 

Would appreciate for help as it keeps messing up all data and unable to undo without restarting Power BI Desktop.

Thanks in advance!

2024-02-1911-47-56-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHolton
Regular Visitor

I am also getting this issue and someone else in our office is too 
Only started getting the issue after updating to Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024)

happens when clicking from one calculated column to another - it seems to try and overwrite the column you click on with a different calculated column.

It is really annoying and I am hoping for a fix very soon.

KaanY
Frequent Visitor

We're getting exactly the same. Every time we click between columns, we're getting this Rename column alert.

KaanY_0-1709847161567.png

The report is relatively simple, and definitely no clashes with column names.
We've also completely deleted the table, cleared the cache, recreated the table, and still get the error.
Do not get the error with any other tables. Very odd.

micskw

I've got the same probem from yesterday. As a workaround you can navigate through columns using Data panel on the right part of the screen.

vicky_
Super User
Super User

Hey!
Bugs will get a better response when posted in the Issues Forums: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Hopefully, someone from Microsoft will be able to better help you there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.