Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kevcb226
Regular Visitor

Power BI auto relationships

Hi,

Is there a way to stop Power BI auto assigning relationships?

I have been trying to swap the one to many relationship between the tables, but whenever I go into the relationship manager and change it, it always seems to switch it back again!

kevcb226_0-1687860770274.png

What I need is to swap the tables round, so that vw_pbi_Pipeline_Targets_2324 is under the 'From Table' column and the vw_pbi_Pipeline_Applications_2324 under the 'To Table' column. When I edit the relationship and swap it, it appears to update and swap the tables round, but then when I close and open the relationship manager again, it reverts it back again!

I should also mention, I have changed and unticked the setting in the Options, and still it automatically assignes the relationship.

kevcb226_0-1687861509050.png

Can anyone help.

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

The order in that window doesn't matter, its how the relationship is defined when you go into the Edit window that matters.

You can also check that it is set correctly in the diagram in the Model view.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kevcb226
Regular Visitor

Thank you @johnt75.

After looking into this in more detail, the relationships are doing what they require in my model. But for my issue, I've realised that what I require is different.

johnt75
Super User
Super User

The order in that window doesn't matter, its how the relationship is defined when you go into the Edit window that matters.

You can also check that it is set correctly in the diagram in the Model view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.