Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

feyyubov
Regular Visitor

Power BI Visuals

I have two visuals. Visual A is a matrix that provides the count of the Job_Numbers. When I click on the count values from visual A, my second table visual B brings the related records for the selected number (count of job_numbers). Up until here, everything works exactly how I want. However, when I enter into Visual B and click any of the selected records, the Visual B pulls the entire recordset. I want Visual B to stay as is based on Visual A's selection. Using Edit Interactions I broke a link from Visual B to Visual A, which means, when I use Visual B data, my Visual A matrix does not get impacted. I just want Visual A matrix count selection stay selected, when I navigate through Visual B records.

VISUAL A (matrix):

feyyubov_0-1701447842521.png

VISUAL B (table) after I selected 4 jobs from Visual A:

feyyubov_2-1701447962460.png

VISUAL B, after I clikc on any records in it (pulls entire record set):

feyyubov_3-1701448014613.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @feyyubov ,

It won't work like this as you're explaining, what I would recommend is to have table B in a drill through page and you drill through a record from table A that will filters table B and then you can click on table B without having the issue you're facing now.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @feyyubov,

Current the focused visual highlight effects not able to keep if your interaction with other visuals. They will lose the focus and restore the original effects.

If you want to keep these, I'd like to suggest you change to use slicer/filter to interaction with other visual, and they will not lost the filter effects if you leave the current visual.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @feyyubov,

Current the focused visual highlight effects not able to keep if your interaction with other visuals. They will lose the focus and restore the original effects.

If you want to keep these, I'd like to suggest you change to use slicer/filter to interaction with other visual, and they will not lost the filter effects if you leave the current visual.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, sir! I did exactly ho you recommended and works even better 🙂

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @feyyubov ,

It won't work like this as you're explaining, what I would recommend is to have table B in a drill through page and you drill through a record from table A that will filters table B and then you can click on table B without having the issue you're facing now.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks, @Idrissshatila !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.