Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pvallejos
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop freezes at Sign in

Hi everyone!

I have an issue when log in in Desktop. The software freezes. This happens since a week ago. I tried reinstall and update but nothing new happens. I tried also install the 32-bit version (my PC is 64-bit) and the problem remains. Any help?

PS: I have win 10

Sin título.png

Best

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pvallejos,

Please update to the latest version and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pvallejos,

You can try the following two ways.

First, please restart your computer and reinstall the Power BI desktop, then check if it works fine.

Second, open Desktop and go to File | Options and Settings | Options | Diagnostics and then Enable tracing. This will create a detailed trace log . Then create a support ticket on the right-bottom of page and log to them.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

The first I tried was restart my PC and reinstall the software. I had already mentioned the last one.

I don't have a Pro license, so I don't know how to create create a support ticket.

Best,

Pablo

Hi @pvallejos,

I can not reproduce your issue, so it' hard to trouble shooting. Please try the latest version2.54.4970.761(released on 2018/1/8) and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.