Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hasarinfareeth

Power BI Desktop Not launching

Hello there - When I try to launch Power BI desktop, I get the cursor loading but it never launches. If I try to uninstall the Power BI Desktop and reinstall the same it works (sometime I get 'Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD' error). Note - I do not have scheduled refresh to disable and republish as suggested in the forums to resolve the error. I cleared the Data Cache as well in the 'Options & Setting --> Data Load' option. I have checked the task manager to see if the Power BI Desktop is running in the backgroup when the cursor load, but I can't find any. Can you please help to resolve the issue? 

I would need the Power BI to first lauch as expected before the conatiner error is addressed. 

1 REPLY 1
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hasarinfareeth ,

1. Please try running Power BI Desktop with administrator rights. Power BI Desktop is a multi-process architecture where multiple processes communicate using Windows Named Pipes. Other processes may interfere with these named pipes. The most common cause of this interference is security, including cases where antivirus software or firewalls block pipes or redirect traffic to specific ports.

Opening Power BI Desktop with administrator rights may resolve the issue. If you can't open Power BI Desktop with administrator rights, ask your administrator what security rules are preventing named pipes from communicating correctly. Then, add Power BI Desktop and its child processes to the allowed list.

2. Reinstall WebView2 using the following steps, which do not require elevated administrative rights.
     1. Uninstall webview2.
     2. Reinstall webview2 using this installation link.  https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=2124703

3. Refer to the documentation and solutions related to your problem:
Resolve startup issues with Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Solved: Power BI Desktop launch failure - Microsoft Fabric Community
Solved: Unable to launch Power BI Desktop - Microsoft Fabric Community
Solved: Unable to Launch Power BI Desktop - Microsoft Fabric Community

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.