Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

braga_felipe
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Dashbord in a Powerpoint Slide

Hello everyone, thank you for your attention.

I'm trying to insert my Power BI dashboard in a Powerpoint slide with the new function of the last update. So, my organization doesn't offer the online add-ins because the data security policies doesn't allows that. Have another way to do this dashboard works in Powerpoint?{

If this topic isn't properly to this community, i'm sorry!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @braga_felipe ,

As far as I know, there are two methods to embed Power BI Dashboard to Power Point.

1. Get add-ins in Insert pane in Power Point.

2. Export Power BI Dashboard as Power Point in Power BI Service.

For reference:

How to Embed Microsoft POWER BI Dashboard in Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (2 Methods)

How to embed Power BI in PowerPoint

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

pstaggers
Advocate II
Advocate II

Had the same problem.  I had to get my IT team to use the Admin Managed portion of the Microsoft Store so they could enable the Add-in.  

pstaggers_0-1654710203010.png

pstaggers_1-1654710221642.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jhorey

If you're searching for a DIY programmatic solution, you can probably get using a combination of the PowerBI REST API and a tool like Python PPTX (links below):

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-to-file

https://python-pptx.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

However, if you're searching for a more turn-key solution, we're developing a tool in this space.

https://slideform.co

Our solution is ideally suited for recurring presentations, so once everything is set up creating a new presentation with the latest data becomes a "single click". Our key features include the ability to upload custom presentation templates, ability to support multiple data backends (BI tools, data warehouses, and CRMs), and also support for Google Slides. 

pstaggers
Advocate II
Advocate II

Had the same problem.  I had to get my IT team to use the Admin Managed portion of the Microsoft Store so they could enable the Add-in.  

pstaggers_0-1654710203010.png

pstaggers_1-1654710221642.png

One more thing, don't forget to refresh after your IT team enables the Add-in.  Otherwise you will not see it.

pstaggers_0-1654725535939.png

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @braga_felipe ,

As far as I know, there are two methods to embed Power BI Dashboard to Power Point.

1. Get add-ins in Insert pane in Power Point.

2. Export Power BI Dashboard as Power Point in Power BI Service.

For reference:

How to Embed Microsoft POWER BI Dashboard in Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (2 Methods)

How to embed Power BI in PowerPoint

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@braga_felipe , The other way it download it from power bi service in power point, which will give you static image

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.