Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

00lduncan
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate - Add Rows to Dataset

I have been using Power Automate to populate a Streaming Dataset in Power BI with data from Microsoft Forms.

When i complete this form with the details for some Streaming datasets the payload field is replaced with the headers of all the values from the stream. But on other (seemingly identical streaming datasets, stored in the same place and createdi n the same way) it just has the payload field. Can anyone help, it would be much easier if they all populated with the headers!

00lduncan_1-1630582372404.png

00lduncan_2-1630582846399.png

Thanks,

Laura

13 REPLIES 13
sailochanar
Helper II
Helper II

Can we create a flow to automatcially upload csv or excel files in a new power bi desktop or service ??

Yes, that's what a semantic model refresh does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it a try this way at the payload field:

{

"columnName":"dynamicValueHere",

"secondColumnname":"dynamicValueHere"

}

i know this is manual way but at least should make it work if you can't get it the other way around.

Cheers,

Idlir

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I still get an error message:

00lduncan_0-1651595396100.png

I've only managed to successfully connect one List from Microsoft Sharepoint to Power BI using Power Automate. It looks simple but i think there is a glitch.

nksse

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've selected my workspace and dataset, but I only get a 'Payload' input field to set the values of all columns of the row. The xpected behaviour is that Power Automate loads the columns from the dataset and lets me set the value for each column.

I'm expecting to see something like this:

nksse_1-1634734428383.png

but only see this (payload):

nksse_2-1634734565104.png

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance

Hi nksse,

A bit late but I replicated your issue - you can skip the payload JSON option when you allow your streaming dataset to allow Historical Data Analysis. It's this option right at the bottom of Edit Streaming dataset.

@nksse did you ever solve this? I am experiencing the same.

Are you trying to add rows to a regular dataset? That won't work. You can only insert rows into push datasets.

Hi, maybe silly question, but is there a way to remove rows the same way?

Not at the moment. For now your only option is to blank out the entire dataset.  Flush and fill, basically.

That's even better, how i can do that in one flow?

Push Datasets - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

This lists the required calls to flush streaming datasets.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your question is not clear (to me). Can you please elaborate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.