Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nicci
Helper I
Helper I

Power App inside Power BI desktop is blurry

Hi All,

So i've added a power app into a new page in power bi and its so blurry. I also found the same issue in power app when I add a power bi tile to the app. What am I missing? This would not be useable! Its like really bad resolution. Thanks!

Nicci_0-1686935802107.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hnguy71
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Nicci ,

It is a bit tricky, but with enough patience and some adjustments, you can sharpen the embedded app.

1. Ensure that the visual and the app itself are within the same dimension size. For example, the visual in your Power BI may be around 500 x 200, but your app is set at a default of 16:9. Make sure both are equally the same.

2. You may need to turn off "Scale to fit" or even turn off "Lock aspect ratio" within your PowerApps.

3. There's also another setting inside Power BI PowerApps visual. I can't remember it right now but you may want to adjust or play with it as well.

Lastly, as a note, the pixelation may be different between your screen and someone else's screen. Someone with a 4K monitor will see it more clearly whereas someone with a lower resolution screen may see it differently as well. 

Did I answer your question?
Please help by clicking the thumbs up button and mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hnguy71
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Nicci ,

It is a bit tricky, but with enough patience and some adjustments, you can sharpen the embedded app.

1. Ensure that the visual and the app itself are within the same dimension size. For example, the visual in your Power BI may be around 500 x 200, but your app is set at a default of 16:9. Make sure both are equally the same.

2. You may need to turn off "Scale to fit" or even turn off "Lock aspect ratio" within your PowerApps.

3. There's also another setting inside Power BI PowerApps visual. I can't remember it right now but you may want to adjust or play with it as well.

Lastly, as a note, the pixelation may be different between your screen and someone else's screen. Someone with a 4K monitor will see it more clearly whereas someone with a lower resolution screen may see it differently as well. 

Did I answer your question?
Please help by clicking the thumbs up button and mark my post as a solution!

Thanks, these suggestions helped a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.