Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mmh9119
Frequent Visitor

Possible to grab values from a Power BI visual into Word?

Hi all,

Simple question - is it possible to grab values from a Power BI visual, namely a card visual that has a single value in it, into Word somehow? I have a task requiring preparing reports in Word, but reading off the values in a Power BI report I made and typing them out. Right now, the values in the PBI report are changed by a simple filter, but I have to prepare the report for each filter value. Even with a premade template, this becomes cumbersome. So can this be done?

For example: There were [X] items.

In PBI, I have a simple card visual that says 100. So I'd like the sentence in word to read "There were 100 items", without me needing to type it in manually.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mmh9119 , if you click on rows, it should filter other visual and if those are categorical variable you can get the value by using measure

max(Item[name])

or

Selectedvalue(Item[Name])

The measure should get filtered value.

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Thanks @amitchandak for the reply.

What I was asking was if there was a way in the Microsoft Word application to grab values from a Power BI visual. I don't actually think this is possible, so instead I'm just baking the report inside Power BI itself. Your solutions will help with the latter approach. 

Still, if anyone could clarify, that'd be great too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.