Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BrunoMedrano
Frequent Visitor

Please Help: Suddenly I cannot update my data from the data origin (Google Sheets). JSON ERROR

I have the following message in Power Queery: DataSource.Error: No se ha podido recuperar el contenido de la página web.

ErrorMessage=Error durante la serialización o deserialización mediante JavaScriptSerializer de JSON. La longitud de la cadena supera el valor establecido en la propiedad maxJsonLength.
Nombre del parámetro: input

It is in spanish by the way. This was such a bad thing for me because I ve never had this issue before. If someone can help me I would be very grateful. 

Update: I've just checked and only some sheets are affected by this problem in a single spreasheet of Google Sheets. I still have no clue what is happening.

BrunoMedrano_1-1678918041252.png

BrunoMedrano_0-1678918021008.png

3 REPLIES 3
BrunoMedrano
Frequent Visitor

I HAVE AN UPDATE: I SOLVED THIS (it wasnt easy tho. Had to try different stuff)

So, basically, here is the thing: I had some sheets that I imported as "WEB PAGE" (google sheets) and others as "Microsoft Excel xlsx.", also from the same spreadsheet of Google Sheets. What I think happened is that Power Bi no longer runs extenses data bases using the "WEB PAGE" way. I had to go to Power Query and change the way it was imported using "WEB PAGE" and changing it to "Microsoft Excel xlsx". This was a lil confusing because I had several "steps" in the data and had to go to "advanced query" and start changing the code language.

This was it. Thank you

Jitmondo
Helper III
Helper III

For the tables affected can u copy the m into a new query and see if it loads ? If not something may be wrong in the specific sheet it's pulling from

phscars

I'm experiencing the same problem after  March update.
Testing and testing and testing, only files under 1.7MB are being accepted unfortunately

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.