Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aalstatt7287

Percents with small subgroups

This may be a dumb question but I am not sure how to do this. I am not great with the DAX functions.

I have a pie chart that shows the proportion of different Control Types in a group of control samples. I have a card that displays the percentage of control samples vs Original Samples sent.

Pie chart.PNG

When I click on one of the pie peices, the card changes to "Infinity". I would like for each pie peice to show the percentage of that specific control type vs total original samples.

Infinity.PNG

I am pretty sure this is a change that needs to be made in my measure for "Percent of Total" but I am not sure what to use for this.

It currently reads: 

Percent of Total = COUNT('Control Samples'[Control Type])/COUNT('Original Samples'[Sample Number])

"Control Samples" file contains all the types of control samples ie duplicate, umpire, CRM, etc. "Original Samples" contains only the original samples. I need precent of Original Samples for each control type.

Thanks so much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@aalstatt7287 are these tables related? In the meantime try this:

Percent of Total = COUNT('Control Samples'[Control Type])/CALCULATE(COUNT('Original Samples'[Sample Number]), ALL () )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@aalstatt7287 are these tables related? In the meantime try this:

Percent of Total = COUNT('Control Samples'[Control Type])/CALCULATE(COUNT('Original Samples'[Sample Number]), ALL () )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes, they are realted. Both contain samples, but I split the data into 2 files instead of leaving it as one as that seemed to help me with the other visualizations I was working on, since the total number of original samples doesnt need to be seen, only the percent of each control type. I am sure there are ways to do it with the file all together in one, but I have just been stumbling my way through it.

Your DAX function did exactly what I needed! Thank you so much for your help, you are much appreciated! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.