Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jveselka
Frequent Visitor

Passing Parameters to PowerBI Report

How do I pass parameters using a link to PowerBI.  

What I need...

I need to email link to user

When they click the link they should be auto-prompted to enter 3 parameteres

This will run query based on what they entered. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You can pass parameters using a link to PowerBI by creating a URL that includes the parameters in the query string. When the user clicks on the link, they will be prompted to enter the parameters. You can then use these parameters to run a query based on what they entered. Here is an example of a URL that includes three parameters: "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/{group_id}/reports/{report_id}/ReportSection?filter={table_name}/{column_name} eq '{parameter1}' and {table_name}/{column_name} eq '{parameter2}' and {table_name}/{column_name} eq '{parameter3}' "

Replace and with the appropriate values for your report. Replace and with the names of the table and column you want to filter on. Replace , , and with the names of the parameters you want to prompt the user for.{group_id}{report_id}{table_name}{column_name}{parameter1}{parameter2}{parameter3}

When the user clicks on the link, they will be prompted to enter the values for , , and . You can then use these values to filter the data in your report.{parameter1}{parameter2}{parameter3}

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You can pass parameters using a link to PowerBI by creating a URL that includes the parameters in the query string. When the user clicks on the link, they will be prompted to enter the parameters. You can then use these parameters to run a query based on what they entered. Here is an example of a URL that includes three parameters: "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/{group_id}/reports/{report_id}/ReportSection?filter={table_name}/{column_name} eq '{parameter1}' and {table_name}/{column_name} eq '{parameter2}' and {table_name}/{column_name} eq '{parameter3}' "

Replace and with the appropriate values for your report. Replace and with the names of the table and column you want to filter on. Replace , , and with the names of the parameters you want to prompt the user for.{group_id}{report_id}{table_name}{column_name}{parameter1}{parameter2}{parameter3}

When the user clicks on the link, they will be prompted to enter the values for , , and . You can then use these values to filter the data in your report.{parameter1}{parameter2}{parameter3}

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Got another one for ya, this is a styling issue.  How do I group two columns together with one column header?  I need this to work in power bi in a table view and then be able to export it to excel with same format Grouping.PNG

THanks I'll give this a try, sorry for the delay in reply.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.