Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jrazafindrabe
Regular Visitor

Paginated Report Parameters Error

The Paginated Report Parameters are not recognized when trying to embedded (Insert) it into Power Bi (Desktop). See Picture Below:

jrazafindrabe_0-1713374310597.png

3 REPLIES 3
jrazafindrabe
Regular Visitor

Here is the error message. I am just wondering what it means "Parameters Bindings for the paginated report". Also, what would cause the parameters to be invalid.

jrazafindrabe_0-1713550968882.png

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jrazafindrabe ,

Select the fields in the data model that match the parameters in this paginated report so you can apply filters and cross-highlighting from other report visuals to the paginated report visual. Not seeing the right fields? Add them from the Fields list to the Parameters bucket in the Visualizations pane.

Please put the fields that need to be mapped to parameters into the parameter stored value bucket.

vcgaomsft_1-1713417264274.png

Here are some notes:
Create and use the paginated report visual - Considerations and limitations
Create and use the paginated report visual - Using a Power BI semantic model with a date parameter

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Thank you  so much for taking time to respond to my concern. I really appreciate it.

I understand what are you suggesting but the issue is that I can`t even connect (Insert or Embed) the paginated report to Powerbi  as the default parameters are disabled and cannot be changed but always off as you see on the first picture I accompanied with this message. 

jrazafindrabe_0-1713455295799.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.