Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JimAksel

PWA Deliverables

Using Power BI Desktop and have oData Connections to a Project Server 2013 PWA tenant.  One such table is the "Deliverables" table.  Also of interest is the Projects table and Tasks Table.  There are relationships between these tables.

However, when I go to link to the Deliverables Table during setup, I need to expand the Project section in the Deliverables Table to be able to see important parameters such as the source/destination file names of the deliverable, Task Related information such as Task UniqueIDs, etc. 

Unfortunately, when I expand the column(s) for Dependent Projects, Dependent Tasks, Partent Projects/Tasks, etc. and select the desired fields, it produces an error:  Unsupported query option encountered $expand.  Data Source kind: oData.

Any idea how to access these fields?

9 REPLIES 9
charlie2k

Hi All,

Trying to revive this thread 🙂 I am also getting the same error for a OData Feed source.

DataSource.Error: OData: Unsupported query option encountered: $expand
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=<#Removed the URL for my data source that was present here#>

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

I was just told by Power BI tech support to expand that Projects section instead of using a merge. I get the same error though:  "DataSource.Error: OData: Unsupported query option encountered: $expand" and have reported this back to them. We'll see what they say since they suggested I do it in the first place.

In the meantime, I'll stick with what I've been doing, which is to add a merge step to the query, then expand the columns as needed.

Hi,

I am struggling with the same issue.  Did anyone work out a resolution on how to get access to the required information.  I am not experienced in how to use the merge feature to append the required data to the table so I can add it into my Visuals.

Any information would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue with the Deliverables. Connecting Power BI Desktop to Project online. 

I do believe the issue is when I look at the Deliverables table in the Query it is blank. I do not know why this table has no data as it seems there should be plenty looking at the titles of the columns. 

I am trying to have a report which lists all the projects then tasks with actual work hours. with no ParentIdName field this is very hard. 

cfzini
Frequent Visitor

Currently I am having a problem that looks like your.

I am conecting my data sources with the Enterprise's Project Server. Those projects have some customized Columns, as "% Buffer Consumed", "% Critical Chain Consumed", and others.

What I want is to expand my tables, to see these columns (e.g. Tasks Table), but when I do this, i get the same error:

• DataSource.Error:
  • OData: A opção de consulta sem suporte encontrado $expand
  • Details: DataSourceKind=OData

If anyone knows how to solve this, i'd really be Thankful!

So this is pretty old, but did anyone ever figure out how to do this?  Or a workaround to bring in the deliverables + parenttasks details?

Trying to connect deliverables to related tasks, unfortunately no link except in the tables would like to expand but can't.

cfzini
Frequent Visitor

Currently I am having a problem that looks like your.

I am conecting my data sources with the Enterprise's Project Server. Those projects have some customized Columns, as "% Buffer Consumed", "% Critical Chain Consumed", and others.

What I want is to expand my tables, to see these columns (e.g. Tasks Table), but when I do this, i get the same error:

• DataSource.Error:
  • OData: A opção de consulta sem suporte encontrado $expand
  • Details: DataSourceKind=OData

If anyone knows how to solve this, i'd really be Thankful!

pqian
Employee
Employee

It seems the OData endpoint did not implement the $expand operator, maybe the join is too expensive for the service? The only way you can get these data is by also importing the FK tables, and then do a local join via Merge.

hi, you mention FK tables ... where/how does one access these please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.