Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mmaguire201
Regular Visitor

Overlapping Bar Chart Visual Recommendation

mmaguire201_0-1711124555307.png

I'm really looking to create something like this in PowerBI. This is a manual visual that I made in PowerPoint to get my vision "down on paper" so that I could show it to others. This is basically the lifecycle of parts on a well. In this case, there are six wells within the station (I'm creating a maintenance dashboard). Each bar represents a part on the well (pump, motor, shaft) and the exclamation and flag icons represent the "end of service life" and "end of life". The whole point of this visual is to show the current age of the parts with respect to the EOS and EOL. The only way I can think to do this is to utilize the new "overlapping" bar chart feature that was added recently. However, the overlapping only seems to apply to a few of the bars. Not sure what the issue is. If there are other recommendations as to what to do, I am welcoming other ideas.

This is sample data that would apply to this visual:

Station NoWell IDPump AgeMotor AgeShaft AgeEnd of Service LifeEnd of Life Age
1W1-12109810
1W1-2434810
1W1-33105810
1W1-44107810
1W1-5369810
1W1-6253810

In reality, this dataset will be bigger and will include the wells within other stations. (this visual includes station 1 only). I intend to use a slicer to sort the wells by Station No.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mmaguire201 

Depending on your description and the data you're given, you might need a few visuals:

1.Bullet chart:

You can click the Download sample button next to it to download the sample PBIX provided by these visuals to see how they can be used:

vjianpengmsft_0-1711419913365.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1711419951525.png

You can learn to use this visual by clicking the link below:

Power BI Custom Visuals - Bullet Chart - YouTube

2.Acterys Variance

vjianpengmsft_2-1711420035319.png

vjianpengmsft_3-1711420076789.png

You can click the link below to learn how to get those published visuals:

Import Power BI visuals from AppSource or from a file - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_4-1711420224164.png

You can also browse other visuals in the visual store. We hope you find the above advice helpful.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mmaguire201 

Depending on your description and the data you're given, you might need a few visuals:

1.Bullet chart:

You can click the Download sample button next to it to download the sample PBIX provided by these visuals to see how they can be used:

vjianpengmsft_0-1711419913365.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1711419951525.png

You can learn to use this visual by clicking the link below:

Power BI Custom Visuals - Bullet Chart - YouTube

2.Acterys Variance

vjianpengmsft_2-1711420035319.png

vjianpengmsft_3-1711420076789.png

You can click the link below to learn how to get those published visuals:

Import Power BI visuals from AppSource or from a file - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_4-1711420224164.png

You can also browse other visuals in the visual store. We hope you find the above advice helpful.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.