Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

matheus_mk0
Frequent Visitor

Outlier piece of data doesn't add up to the total

hi everyone,

Im trying to build a dashboard that summarizes all the outcome that a person had in a semester. So i have to summarize all the data from the semester, but for some reason some outlier data keeps apearing on the table and not adding up to the hole number, as you can see below:

Screenshot_2.png

It happens multiple times with different persons on my dashboard. Funny enough, 2.811.169,78 would be the desired result (as I checked on excel).

Im pretty sure that's something wrong with "COLABORADOR" column but I can't figure it out. 

Obs.: the data from "COLABORADOR" and "OUTCOME" are from the same spreadsheet

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
matheus_mk0
Frequent Visitor

So after a few hours of trying and failing i finally found a solution. Sharing here in case anyone have the same issue in the future, although i doubt it because it was a very specific situation.

To make it short: I was working with a database of clients, and some of them aren't clients anymore, so they didn't appear on the fact table, but appreared in the table with the history of transactions they did while were clients.

I connected the 2 tables using the client's ID number, and it didn't work.

All I did to solve this was connecting by the name of the employee responsible of which client, worked like a charm.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
matheus_mk0
Frequent Visitor

So after a few hours of trying and failing i finally found a solution. Sharing here in case anyone have the same issue in the future, although i doubt it because it was a very specific situation.

To make it short: I was working with a database of clients, and some of them aren't clients anymore, so they didn't appear on the fact table, but appreared in the table with the history of transactions they did while were clients.

I connected the 2 tables using the client's ID number, and it didn't work.

All I did to solve this was connecting by the name of the employee responsible of which client, worked like a charm.

adudani
Super User
Super User

hi @matheus_mk0 ,

I think it might be a missing value on the dimension which appears in the fact table.

Maybe this reference might help : Understanding and fixing blank values in Power BI - YouTube

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!
If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a Kudos 🙂
Kind Regards,
Avinash

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.