Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

renevandeveen
Frequent Visitor

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport...

Hi,

Refreshing my data in Power BI desktop used to work perfectly fine. Since a couple of weeks, I get the following error in one of the data sources. Most of the data is stored on OneDrive and so is this data source. 

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream..

It concerns 14 .txt files that are later appended into one file.

Sometimes the problem can easily be solved by simply refreshing the data again. Other times, the issue is more persistent and re-refreshing the data doesn't work. 

Could anyone here please help me what is causing this issue and what I can do to solve this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have the same problem

The connection is to sharepoint, but the process is very slow, loading a new table is becoming more and more complex (it's a process that takes hours and then this error comes out), it's not a lot of data....

JenZ4
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue and it's hugely annoying. I think overall the connection between Power BI and Sharepoint files as well as OneDrive (files in the cloud) is terribly non-robust. I have many tables in query editor - easily 80 with 40 loaded to the data model - about 10 are from power bi dataflows, the rest are files on sharepoint or onedrive. The meat of it pulls and combines together about 60 excel files for a total of about 180 MB.  Is this too much for Power BI to handle??  The rest are just DIM tables of KB size.  And I can get "OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" or the same one you posted "Received an unepected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream" randomly. Sometimes it takes all day before I can get the data to load from query editor into the PBIX without an error.  Sometimes it works fine the first time. Power BI should work absolutely flawlessly with other microsoft products.  I'm not impressed.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @renevandeveen ,

It seems that your issue is not related Power BI desktop itself. It may be related to your datasource.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.