Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

drcallaway

ODBC Driver continuing to fail credential authentication

I am currently using an ODBC driver to pull in several tables from an IBM AS400 system. I have been able to connect the tables, build reports refresh data etc. on a fairly consistent basis, however I have been receiving a message stating that the ODBC driver could not authenticate the credentials I've provided when I either 1) attempt to add a new data source or 2) attempt to refresh the data(see screenshot). There are cases where I can do these things without any issue and other times where the message will prompt.

When I select "Use alternate credentials" and I manually put in my UN and Password, the message remains. Note: My windows and AS400 Username and Password match.

I've tried restarting my laptop, closing & re-opening Power BI but this doesn't solve the problem. The only thing that helps is well... patience... waiting for the error message to go away on it's own.Power BI Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @drcallaway ,
have you tried to use "Database" section to provide credentials?
Like you wrote they are the same.

I used always Database credentials to provide auth for AS400, not Windows.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sergej_og
Super User
Super User

Hey @drcallaway ,
have you tried to use "Database" section to provide credentials?
Like you wrote they are the same.

I used always Database credentials to provide auth for AS400, not Windows.

Regards.

Thanks @sergej_og . I can't belive the solution was staring me in the eyes.

As soon as i put my credentials in the Database section it loaded right up. Thanks a ton.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.