Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

prabhatnath
Advocate III
Advocate III

Not able to see AI Insights in power BI Desktop

Hello Friends,

I am not able to see AI Insights in my Power BI desktop. Not sure how can I enable this feature?

I have one Power BI Service workspace with Premium Per-User and another with Fabric Trial license. Please suggest how can I get those  enabled in my Desktop?

Here is how the Power Query editor ribbon looks like:

prabhatnath_0-1712850816887.png

In Power BI Service I am see the AI Insights though.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Prabhat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prabhatnath ,

AI Insights features, particularly those leveraging Azure Machine Learning and Cognitive Services, require a Power BI Premium license. As you mentioned having a PPU license, it's worth noting that users with a PPU license only cannot use AI Insights from Power BI Desktop.

vjunyantmsft_0-1712887138480.png

You can find all of the limitations here

For AI Insights to function, the AI workload must be enabled in the Power BI admin portal under the capacity settings. This is a step that needs to be performed by a Premium capacity administrator. If you're using a workspace within a Premium capacity, please check with your administrator to ensure that the AI workload has been enabled.

If you're looking to use Azure Machine Learning models within AI Insights, there's a process to grant access to these models from Power BI. This involves having Read access to both the Azure subscription and the Machine Learning workspace. You can refer to this document

For more information on AI Insights, please refer to this official document:
Connect to AI Insights in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prabhatnath ,

AI Insights features, particularly those leveraging Azure Machine Learning and Cognitive Services, require a Power BI Premium license. As you mentioned having a PPU license, it's worth noting that users with a PPU license only cannot use AI Insights from Power BI Desktop.

vjunyantmsft_0-1712887138480.png

You can find all of the limitations here

For AI Insights to function, the AI workload must be enabled in the Power BI admin portal under the capacity settings. This is a step that needs to be performed by a Premium capacity administrator. If you're using a workspace within a Premium capacity, please check with your administrator to ensure that the AI workload has been enabled.

If you're looking to use Azure Machine Learning models within AI Insights, there's a process to grant access to these models from Power BI. This involves having Read access to both the Azure subscription and the Machine Learning workspace. You can refer to this document

For more information on AI Insights, please refer to this official document:
Connect to AI Insights in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

quantumudit
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can you make sure that you've enabled the AI workload in the capacity settings of the admin portal?

If this answer resolves your issue, Make sure to leave a Kudo 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.