Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RogerMcKinney

Newsletter-Style in subreports

Does Microsoft intend to fix subreports so they can use the newsletter-style format? I have a report I need to do that requires jumping for one column format to two-columns multiple times in the report. 

3 REPLIES 3
RogerMcKinney

The snapshot above gives the picture. The text that runs across the page is mostly static. The two pharmacies showing are two of three columns, all of which are filled in other sections. The three column data is dynamic and can change month to month. I can create a 3-column report easily by selecting the columns report option and choosing 3. But I can't inset the text that spans the 3 columns. I can create a report that contains the text that spans the page, but I can't create 3 columns in which the data flows from one column to the next in an N-shapped patten when one column on a page is full. 

I tried creating a single column report for the text that spans the page and inserting a subreport with the 3 columns dynamic data, but Report Builder doesn't support newsletter-style columns as subreports. It reproduces just the first column. 

RogerMcKinney

Directory snapshot.jpg

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RogerMcKinney ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.