Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Luca2020
Helper I
Helper I

New Table merge

Hi,

I've create a new table using SUMMARIZE and I need to combine this new table with another one (the column names are the same) but I can't see new tables  in the editor. 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Luca2020 ,

The tables what you create using DAX expression are not shown in Query Editor in Power BI. They are just visible in front-end of the Power BI tool.

Query Editor (back-end) just shows the source data and any tables created within Query editor.

What you can do is create this summarised table in Query Editor using GROUP BY functionality. Then use it to merge to the relevant table.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Luca2020 ,

The tables what you create using DAX expression are not shown in Query Editor in Power BI. They are just visible in front-end of the Power BI tool.

Query Editor (back-end) just shows the source data and any tables created within Query editor.

What you can do is create this summarised table in Query Editor using GROUP BY functionality. Then use it to merge to the relevant table.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks!
however, does Group By help also for the new table: 

Corrige = var _max = date(year(MAX('PRIMANOTA RIGHE'[Data Primanota]))-1,12,31)
                var _min = date(year(MAX('PRIMANOTA RIGHE'[Data Primanota]))-1,1,1)
RETURN
SUMMARIZE('PRIMANOTA RIGHE', 'PIANO DEI CONTI'[Codice Conto], "Imp_Coge", Sumx(filter('PRIMANOTA RIGHE', 'PRIMANOTA RIGHE'[Data Primanota] >=_min && [Data Primanota]<=_max && 'PIANO DEI CONTI'[Codice Conto] = earlier('PIANO DEI CONTI'[Codice Conto])),[Imp_COGE]), "Data Primanota", date(year(TODAY()),1,1))

I don't think I can replicate all this dax formulas using the query editor,

Dax UNION() 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.