Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rlhim
Helper I
Helper I

Need to create a measure that counts the amount of weeks there has been training

I has been trying to create a measure that calculates the sum of weeks they trained. They can train more than once a week but we only check if its been done or not.

I don't know if its better to have a boolean answer or a numeric answer.

I've been trying to do it with if, something along the lines of if(Week>=1, 1,0) but can't seem to make it work

My data looks more or less like this

IDNameWeekDate
1Edwin11/1/2023
3Alexander11/2/2023
2Rachel21/8/2023
2Rachel21/9/2023
3Alexander21/11/2023
1Edwin31/15/2023
2Rachel31/17/2023
2Rachel31/18/2023
3Alexander31/19/2023

The answer I want is 

Rachel 2

Edwin 2

Alexander 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rlhim try this measure:

Count Week = COUNTROWS  ( SUMMARIZE ( 'MyTable', MyTable[Name], MyTable[Week] ) )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rlhim try this measure:

Count Week = COUNTROWS  ( SUMMARIZE ( 'MyTable', MyTable[Name], MyTable[Week] ) )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.