Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Prabhakaran_Nag
Frequent Visitor

Need help with the filters for two files

Hello Team, Need your quick help that i have two datasets 1. HC and 2. Proficiency. i have conntected in the workflow many to many to retrive correct numbers but i am getting the incorrect numbers. Will share you the below examples

Scenario/Example: on the top left HC filter, filtered as Oct and Value should be 203290 as HC but next two columns that is Prof and Prof expert values are different it is showing as Prof 179222 and Prof Expert 1517 (screenshot 1), ideally that should be 103209 and 881 (refer screenshot 2) if i use Filter as Oct in Proficiency filter on the right then it is populating as 881 and 103209 but headcount is changing from 203290 to 276554 ,

Note: in both the screenshots filters are different but in the files i have tagged them to September and October.

Screenshot 1:

Prabhakaran_Nag_1-1666076163324.png

Screenshot 2:

Prabhakaran_Nag_2-1666076274144.png

Now, to explain detail i have used user id as common in both the files. example: "Prabha" is user id available in HC file with unique numbers and "Prabha" is available in Profiency file as wee with multiple lines on the same id. Also, Prabha is availble in Both the months i.e, Sept and Oct as well in HC and Proficiency File. refer below screenshot

Prabhakaran_Nag_3-1666076625089.png

i think since the "Prabha" is coming all the months numbers are getting added as per HC. need to fix this asap kindly help and guide me to use the right filters options to get the numbers. Any doubts i am happy to connect. 

Expected Outcome for Oct month:

HC - 203290

Prof - 103209

Prof Expert - 881

Any workaround are acceptable

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Prabhakaran_Nag
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a ton for your response Amit, the var creation is difficult for me but i have figured out in simple way of concatenate user id and month then it worked. Thanks once again for first response and idealogy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Prabhakaran_Nag
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a ton for your response Amit, the var creation is difficult for me but i have figured out in simple way of concatenate user id and month then it worked. Thanks once again for first response and idealogy

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.