Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JChris
Helper II
Helper II

Need help to create a DAX formula to count if at least one item is present

First of all, I'll give a glimpse of the structure:

Table: Assets (lists of assets)

Columns: Hostname, Serial Number, Location, Owner

1 .. *

Table: Softwares (list of all softwares installed on each and all of the assets)

Columns: Serial Number (of the Asset), Software Name, Vendor, ID (custom column)

* .. 1

Table: Software Status (list of unique softwares, using the ID from Softwares)

Columns: Software Name, Vendor, Status, Description, ID (from Softwares)

I want to count the number of assets that have at least one software marked as Status="BAD". How can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

if i understand correctly this is what you can do

have you created a relationship between your tables i.e  asset.serialno ---- software.serialno i  and then sofware.id ---sofwarestatus.id

set one of the relationships to both directions ie between assset.serialno and sofware.serial no (take cognisense that this could have a negative effect elsewhere)

create a new measure after you have create a relationships,

bad sofware = calculate (countrows(assets), Status="BAD")

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

have you created a relationship between your tables i.e  asset.serialno ---- software.serialno i  and then sofware.id ---sofwarestatus.id

set one of the relationships to both directions ie between assset.serialno and sofware.serial no (take cognisense that this could have a negative effect elsewhere)

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg wrote:

Amazing, I didn't even need the DAX formula. I was using some slicers on my page and now that the relationship is set to BOTH, when I click to filter using Software Status = "BAD" it will update my cards accordingly, and one of them is "Count of Hostname" 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.