Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PascalCLE

Need Help

Hello all,

I have the following problem.

I have 2 tables/databases and would like to ad the values here.

The tables are built the same only with the difference that I have partly different values in it.

Here once an example:

PascalCLE_0-1688637678645.png

but currently only this is displayed:

PascalCLE_1-1688637751832.png

How do I get the visual to show everything and not filter on the same number (4 and 5)?

Thanks already once for your help
Gr Pascal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PascalCLE 

You can merge them in power query, you can put the following code in Advanced  Editor in power query

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUTJSitWJBpI6SmZgljGQZQpmmQBZFmCWKZBlDmYBGQbYGLEA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Table1 = _t, Qty1 = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Table1", Int64.Type}, {"Qty1", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Changed Type", {"Table1"}, #"Table (2)", {"Table"}, "Table (2)", JoinKind.FullOuter),
    #"Expanded Table (2)" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Table (2)", {"Table", "Qty"}, {"Table (2).Table", "Table (2).Qty"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Expanded Table (2)",{{"Table1", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

vxinruzhumsft_0-1689141667750.png

Then create a measure in the new table

Measure = SUM('Table (3)'[Qty1])+SUM('Table (3)'[Table (2).Qty])

Output

vxinruzhumsft_1-1689141732957.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PascalCLE 

You can merge them in power query, you can put the following code in Advanced  Editor in power query

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUTJSitWJBpI6SmZgljGQZQpmmQBZFmCWKZBlDmYBGQbYGLEA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Table1 = _t, Qty1 = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Table1", Int64.Type}, {"Qty1", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Changed Type", {"Table1"}, #"Table (2)", {"Table"}, "Table (2)", JoinKind.FullOuter),
    #"Expanded Table (2)" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Table (2)", {"Table", "Qty"}, {"Table (2).Table", "Table (2).Qty"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Expanded Table (2)",{{"Table1", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

vxinruzhumsft_0-1689141667750.png

Then create a measure in the new table

Measure = SUM('Table (3)'[Qty1])+SUM('Table (3)'[Table (2).Qty])

Output

vxinruzhumsft_1-1689141732957.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PascalCLE

Unfortunately, this is not the solution to the problem.

Simply appending at the bottom does not work in this case because I need to see both the one and the other value as shown in the example.

PascalCLE

I have obtained the results by Measure.
Tabel 1 I get the Qty duch a Datumsfilder the 6 monarte in the past looks and Tabel 2 in that I look in the future.

But I must have the sum of both measures.
this also works in principle with :

Proposition 3 =
MAX(0 ,[Proposal]) + MAX(0, [Proposal 2])

But I am just missing the other values as I have already written

In this case, if they are calculated maybe a combination of UNION (https://learn.microsoft.com/es-es/dax/union-function-dax) and some table manipulation function would work

mlsx4
Super User
Super User

Hi @PascalCLE 

Since both tables have the same structure, why don't you append them in Power Query Editor? And then, you sum

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.