Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dcormiernj
Helper I
Helper I

Need Help Creating Resource hours by week Table

I am trying to find an efficient way to create a table of project resources required by date.  then i will be able to slice and dice on resources forecasted by week, month etc.  I have a table with all of the info I need but am struggling with an efficient way to get it into the format of hours by project by week. I know I must not be thinking of this correctly.  But I have a table with the information pasted below as a sample

dcormiernj_0-1714666848334.png

By project, we have 3 phases.  each has a start date, the duration in weeks for the phase and the resource hours by week for the phase.  im trying to find a good clean way to transform this data into a table where i can slice and dice on dates and resource requirements.

for example.  Proj a: requires 4 hours a week for the first two weeks.  then 5 hours a week for the next 4 weeks and then 2 hours per week for the next 2 weeks.  i need to build a table that calculates the week dates and resource hours in a clean table.  all start dates are different as are the durations and hours.

I would appreciate any suggestions you have....  thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dcormiernj ,

You can show your expected results in an excel spreadsheet? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the input.  But I need to show this in a BI generated table.  as projects are added the table needs to be auto updated etc. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.