Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AlisonPezzott

Native new Dynamic Formatting prevents the use of tabular editor

On Power BI Desktop, I'm  having an issue when if I set any measure to new dynamic formatting and I try open the tabular editor, it simply doesn't connect to database and shows the following error:

Error conncecting to database

The database compatibility leve of 1601 is below the minimal compatability level of 2147483647 needed for [model'Model'].[table.'Tabela'].[measure 'Valor' in table 'Tabela'].FormatStringDefinition at Power BI mode.

Error Tabular Editor.png

If when I return the format of the measure to any different of Dynamic choice, the tabular editor normally conects to the dataset.
I would need use the native dynamic formatting and the tabular editor to calculation groups.

I made a test configuring the calculation groups before than set dynamic format on pbi desktop and all normally works.
But when I tried open the tabular editor to do a maintenence of a calculation group, I receveid the same error, what forced me to disable the dynamic format on pbi desktop. Clearly, there is an incompatilibility between new native dynamic format of measures and the tabular editor.  Or would this be on purpose? 😕

Has anyone gone through this and could help me? 

3 REPLIES 3
GeorgeVepkhvadz
Frequent Visitor

I have the issue regarding model, which I am changing schema for from ALM toolkit, how can I update the compatability level of model?

jezzabro77
Regular Visitor

They have updated support for this in the new version of Tabular Editor. So you just need to update

Its working for me in version 2.19.0

https://github.com/TabularEditor/TabularEditor/releases/tag/2.19.0

Looks like Tabular Editor has fixed it in their paid version (Tabular Editor 2)
https://docs.tabulareditor.com/te3/other/release-notes/3_3_6.html

The mention "Added support for measure Format String expressions (Compatibility Level 1601 or higher)."

However they havent fixed in the free version yet (Tabular Editor 2)

DuLac59

Hi, 
I have the same issue here. If someone knows a workaround or maybe if Microsoft have an update on this... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.