Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gzmtpck

My date filter does not affect other three visuals in the page

hello my date filter does not affect 3 images when it should. that is why, ii created a date table (you can see it is on the right), i connected it with table 4, and my date filter affected it (successful), then i think that i need to connect my table 5 with 1 and 3 but the system says that, " there is a reletionship already between 5-1 that is why the system does not activate the relationship. How should i do, i am really bad stuck, is there any way to solve this. Thank you

gzmtpck_0-1647637328980.png

@date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

that is probably because all your relationships are set to biredirectional ie (both) change them  to single.  You should have a 1 to many single relationship betweeen all your tables and your date table.  Your date table is the 1 side and your transaction tables are on the many

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

you should ideally have one date table and that date table should link to all your tables that have dates in them, you then filter your date by your date table. 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Yes i created date table and i tried to linked that table with others but the system did not allow me to do this

that is probably because all your relationships are set to biredirectional ie (both) change them  to single.  You should have a 1 to many single relationship betweeen all your tables and your date table.  Your date table is the 1 side and your transaction tables are on the many

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.