Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change in value when selecting an option

Hi Guys, I am stuck working on a dashboard project for my organization. I am not sure if this is possible in Power Bi or not. Basically, I have been asked to develop a what if scenario based risk dashboard. I have attached the sample dataset. The risk score is calculated by multiplying impact and likelihood. 

I have to create a report page with recommendations as slicer list and all the risks as individual bars in a bar chart with their respective score. The requirement is when 1 or more recommendations (using list slicer) are selected, the associated risks will change their score based on the changes to the impact and likelihood score. the other risks bars that are not associated with the recommendation would show their orignal score.

Any suggestions or recommendations 

recomm table.pngrisk table.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkLaf
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is doable in PBI with measures to calculate your Score and Score W/ Recommendations. First, I recommend creating a single-column Recommendations table and setting up relationships like so:

MarkLaf_2-1647634859205.png

Then add the following measures:

Base Score = 
SUMX( Risks, Risks[Impact] * Risks[Liklihood] )

Score W/ Recs = 
IF( 
    NOT ISFILTERED( Reccomendations[Recommendation] ), 
    [Base Score],
    SUMX( 
        Risks, 
        ( Risks[Impact] + CALCULATE( SUM( 'Reccomendation Effects'[Impact Change] ) ) ) 
        * ( Risks[Liklihood] + CALCULATE( SUM( 'Reccomendation Effects'[Liklihood Change] ) ) ) 
    ) 
)

Output:

MarkLaf_3-1647635318558.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkLaf
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is doable in PBI with measures to calculate your Score and Score W/ Recommendations. First, I recommend creating a single-column Recommendations table and setting up relationships like so:

MarkLaf_2-1647634859205.png

Then add the following measures:

Base Score = 
SUMX( Risks, Risks[Impact] * Risks[Liklihood] )

Score W/ Recs = 
IF( 
    NOT ISFILTERED( Reccomendations[Recommendation] ), 
    [Base Score],
    SUMX( 
        Risks, 
        ( Risks[Impact] + CALCULATE( SUM( 'Reccomendation Effects'[Impact Change] ) ) ) 
        * ( Risks[Liklihood] + CALCULATE( SUM( 'Reccomendation Effects'[Liklihood Change] ) ) ) 
    ) 
)

Output:

MarkLaf_3-1647635318558.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. However, what I am trying to acheieve is to have Recomendations as a slicer list and when a recommendation is selected from the list, it would dynamically reduce the likehood and impact score in the risk table (based on the liklihood and impact change in the recommendation table) to show the updated risk score. 

Its a what if scenario dashboard where I have to show the change to risk score when a recommendation is selected.

Hi, @Anonymous 

What do you mean by ’Its a what if scenario dashboard where I have to show the change to risk score when a recommendation is selected‘

Please give a specific example to explain your desired result.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lemme Explain. Risk Score is caluclated as Impact X Liklihood (Risk Table). 

I want to create another page where recommendation (Recommendations Table) is shown as a list and when a recommendation is selected from the list it would Subtract (in this case Add as the values are in negetive) Impact Change (Recommendation Table) from Impact (Risk Table) and the same for Likelihood change and likelihood. Once the Subtraction is completed. It will eventually reduce the Risk Score now. I want to show the reduced risk score when each recommendation is selected.

The ask here is how to I connect Risk Table and Recommendation table and what measure to use so that when I select a recommendation it would show the updated risk score. 

For e.g.
Risk 1 = ( Impact 3 X Liklihood 16) = 48

When choosing recommendation 1, the updated risk score shoudl be = 24 (calculation: (3 -1) * (16 - 4) = 24

VIJAYKUMART
Resolver I
Resolver I

VIJAYKUMART_0-1647106586697.png

measure:
score dynamic = SUMX(Sheet1,Sheet1[Likelyhoold]*Impact[Impact Value])

result:

VIJAYKUMART_1-1647106654183.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.