Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Multiple measures/values on Y-axis of stacked column chart with legend already taken by country

This is the situation:

rpinxt_0-1711551985875.png

So I have data in with Type Actual. Now we will load also LBE1, 2 etc.

If I would put 'Type' in the legend I would get a column for every Type.

That is what we want but we also would like the countries stacked like in this picture.

Is it even posible to have this setup, so with period on x 'Volume' on y and country in legend, and still have multiple values on Y?

Was thinking of making a switch with 'ACT Vol' "LBE1 Vol" etc and depending on the type selected it would put that on Y.

But I fear it will only sum Actual and LBE together instead of making separare columns correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @v-binbinyu-msft but I used the x-axis! Put period and type on the x-axis and this was I get 2 columns per period. One with the actuals other with LBE:

rpinxt_0-1711621012595.png

Too fixated on the y-axis to show 2 different volumes. But the key was in the x-axis spliting the volume into a type.

(note: you need to have a column in your data that determines if an amount is an actual or an LBE)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks @v-binbinyu-msft but I used the x-axis! Put period and type on the x-axis and this was I get 2 columns per period. One with the actuals other with LBE:

rpinxt_0-1711621012595.png

Too fixated on the y-axis to show 2 different volumes. But the key was in the x-axis spliting the volume into a type.

(note: you need to have a column in your data that determines if an amount is an actual or an LBE)

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rpinxt ,

Please try to use field parameter, this may be could help you.

For more details, you could read related document: Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.