Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsmccall33
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple accounts using On-premises data gateway

Hi, I've installed the Data-onpremises Data Gateway and installed choosing the multi user option (not personal).  I also installed PowerBI Desktop August 2017 release.  I would like multiple people to be able to login to the server, build their own reports with PowerBI Desktop, and be able to utilize the gateway with their own accounts. 

When you install the gateway, at the end it asks you to login.  Does that account need to be shared among the folks wanting to create reports and have them refreshed? 

4 REPLIES 4
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

That login is just for the account that has primary control of the gateway itself. At my organization we created a dedicated account for reporting services, but it's not necessary. Multiple users can edit and publish reports. They just need to be set up as users on the data source once your gateway is online.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Okay, so I need to look further into this,  "They just need to be set up as users on the data source once your gateway is online."

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not in charge of our gateway but I've seen it being built and there is a list of users who have permission to use it. In the same way that you have a list of users able to see / use a workspace.

Hope that helps,

Will

Originally, I was looking for this on the server where the gateway is installed by opening the gateway app.  I found the list after logging into PowerBI.com and going to Manage Gateways.  There you can add to the list the accounts that can administer this gateway. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.