Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple Combination selection using Slicer

Hi All,

I have a table named A where in, below values were present

Id      Region              Java                 Python             Unix                AgentsName
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1      UK                       1                          0                    0                        Java
2      UK                       0                          1                    0                      Python
3      UK                       0                          0                    1                        Unix
4      UK                       1                          1                    0                  Java+Python
5      UK                       1                          0                    1                  Java+Unix
6      UK                       0                          1                    1                  Python+Unix

I also have a another table named B with the values like below

ListName        AgentName
--------------------------------
Unix                 Unix
Unix             Unix+Python
Unix             Unix+Java
Unix                   All
Java               Java
Java               Java+Unix
Java               Java+Python
Java               All
Python       Python
Python       Python+Unix
Python       Python+Java
Python       All

From the above table, in power bi..with the help of ListName column in Table B, i need the data to be filtered in Table A. I am using Slicer visual here and kept the ListName column from TableB. It must select all the combinations that are in Table A. That means, if i select Unix, then all the combinations that contain Unix must be shown, which are Java+Unix, Python+Unix, Unix+Python, Unix+Java, Unix, ALL.
Please help me to get et this achieved in Power BI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919 ,

Please try below steps:

1. create a measure with below dax formula

Measure =
VAR cur_lname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table B'[ListName] )
VAR cur_aname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table A'[AgentsName] )
VAR _val =
    IF ( CONTAINSSTRING ( cur_aname, cur_lname ), 1 )
RETURN
    IF ( NOT ( ISFILTERED ( 'Table B'[ListName] ) ), 1, _val )

2. add a table visual with Table A fields, add a sclicer with Table B [ListName], add the measure to the table visual filter pan and set

Animation21.gif

Please refer the attached .pbix file.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919 ,

Please try below steps:

1. create a measure with below dax formula

Measure =
VAR cur_lname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table B'[ListName] )
VAR cur_aname =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table A'[AgentsName] )
VAR _val =
    IF ( CONTAINSSTRING ( cur_aname, cur_lname ), 1 )
RETURN
    IF ( NOT ( ISFILTERED ( 'Table B'[ListName] ) ), 1, _val )

2. add a table visual with Table A fields, add a sclicer with Table B [ListName], add the measure to the table visual filter pan and set

Animation21.gif

Please refer the attached .pbix file.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

HEllo @Sudharshan1919 ,

You need to build a relationship between the two tables by agentname then you use list name to filter.

check this on how to build a relationship between tables https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello @Idrissshatila ,

I have already tried the approach that you have given, before posting this. But that couldnt satisfy my requirement. As you mentioned i have also used ListName column in the slicer, but when selecting the value in the slicer , in the below grid only the values that having that value are only being displayed. For example, if i select Unix... only Unix and All option are only displayed, but not able to display the combination values (Unix+Python, Unix+Java).
Kindly help me for this..

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.