Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MartijnGreen
Frequent Visitor

Model Language will not change

I want my date hierarchy to be in Dutch. Which was the case until I changed the language from Duthc to English for a report I created. However, now I want to create a Dutch report the model language won't show data in Dutch.

In the global settings the application language and model language settings are Dutch. In the current file is the language also dutch. After a restart op PowerBI desktop and of my pc the date hierarchy is still English. Reinstalling PowerBI did not help.

My windows settings show Dutch as a language and as a region. How can I get the model language back to Dutch?

5 REPLIES 5
nicplancho
Helper I
Helper I

Same here with French btw. Would be good to be able to modify the model language after its creation, rather basic feature imo.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.

MartijnGreen
Frequent Visitor

No update as of yet. I continued with the English settings. Weird is that somethimes the date is in Dutch. Like here, the description of the month is "mei" which is Dutch. But when you hover over the graph it display "May" english. I have no idea why.PBI month language.PNG

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartijnGreen ,

The language setting in Power BI Desktop consists of two parts: the language of the application and the model language.
For the model language settings (The language of the Power BI model cannot be changed after it is created)

• In Power BI Desktop, go to File > Options and Settings > Options.
  • Under "Global", select "Regional Settings".
  • In the "Model Language" box, select another language.

vhenrykmstf_0-1650251491810.png

For more details, you can read related document.

Supported languages and countries/regions for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-henryk-mstf 

The model language is in Dutch, which is what I want. However, when restarting PowerBI desktop and creating a table the date hierarchy  is in English.

I do not get an error messege and since my pc country settings and language settings are in Dutch I wonder what I am missing.
PowerBI model language.PNG

Hi any update on this thread?

Same here, looks like something is changed within PowerBI Desktop itself.

All of a sudden my new reports are being created with an English model instead of Dutch, which was always the case- no changes applied to this part!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.