Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Jira/Portfolio data from JSON/Rest API

I have a data connecter retrieving data from Jira/Portfolio through the Jira Rest API:

https://<JIRA_SERVER>/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%20in%20(GIV)%20and%20issuetype%20=%20Epic

I am specifically looking for the Parent Link field on the Epic that references the key to the parent Initiative (customfield_13703)

My problem lies in the discrepancy between the actual JSON contents and the Power BI interpretation of the JSON contents.

Attacued is a side-by-side comparison of the raw JSON data and the coresponding object in Power BI.

Everything lines up nicely with the exception of a few customfield values (see highlighted in attached image) that are presumably part of the Portfolio add-on.  It seems to be selectively excluding the customfields in the 137xx range.

If I specifically add the missing fields in my field expansion, the resulting field value is null (for obvious reasons - it isn't there to retrieve...)  Any suggestions on locating the missing information would be greatly appreciated.

Jira/Portfolio fieldsJira/Portfolio fields

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, there is a maxResults value limitation (100 rows) returned by JIRA REST API, please see: JIRA Cloud REST API /rest/api/latest/search?maxResults=1000 is returning only 100 results

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft  Is there any more to add based on my response to your suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft - This is a hosted server Jira instance.  In addition, I have implemented a recursive/paged query that removes the result size limit.  THe issue is that even for a single record, the JSON returned by the rest call executed from within Power BI does not contain the same fields that the same call through a web browser returns.  My attached illustration identifies the difference in fields contained in the JSON structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.