Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics - can we see Power BI usage stats?

I've recently started using the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics. It looks good. However one item I really would like to know is Power BI Pro licence usage across our org. We have licences assigned but I'm not convinced they are all being used and I don't see anywhere I can check whether users are using the licences. I have downloaded the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics Power BI template to try and add my requirement but I can't see any data source which would give me what we need.

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz ,

You can refer to the following blog to see if it helps you.

Power BI Usage Metrics Across All Workspaces: Step by Step 

Currently, metrics reports are valid only for same workspace/report.

Maybe you can vote here:

Standard Usgae Metrics Reports 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KarlinOz , for pro users for each workspace/report you can have usages analysis. For the premium customers there is a Premium capacity app too

@amitchandak  thank you for the tip. It is a good start however to use that I need to create a separate report for each and every workspace we have in the organisation. I tried using Power BI desktop to create the report too, connecting to the Usage Metrics Report in the dataset but again, I would have to create a separate Power BI report for every workspace we have in the organisation. I am looking for something to pull the Usage Metrics from all workspaces into one report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.