Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

td27
Frequent Visitor

Merging 2 iconMap in 1 with different long/lat variables and size behaviours

Hereby I am wondering if merging 2 maps displayed with circles is possible? Below is an example. I want to displayed the orange small dots (circles) within the big blue circle.

I have encountered the problem that I have to use different long/lat variables for each color (orange and blue). The blue one is e.g. a place or an area, which trailer as orange dots can park there. I displayed the blue one with explicit size behaviour so that I can add diameter to draw this area. With the case of orange dots (trailers) I used relative size behaviours. The idea of this map is to check if the assigned trailers already park in the right arena. 

I think this is difficult to display different variables and size behaviours on the same map right? Or do you have probably any ideas/solutions about this? Thank you so much in advance! 🙂

td27_0-1705583336073.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @td27 

I've understood what you need:

You want to display both sets of data on the same map, and you want to customize the extent to which both sets of data are displayed.

I recommend using: ArcGis map for Power BI:

vzhengdxumsft_0-1705655464450.png

This document can help you:

Create an ArcGIS map in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

ArcGIS for Power BI

By using this visual, you can set up a ring area to filter the data within it, such as:

vzhengdxumsft_1-1705655464453.png

Best Regards,

Zhengdong Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhengdxu-msft,

thanks for your suggestion. I'm currently working on ArcGIS and wondering how can I display the circle corresponding diameter variable? 

td27_0-1705677038119.png

Now it's just a dot there. When i zoom in or zoom out, the size of circle will not be stable but I want it to look like the blue one above with a specific diameter and constantly displayed on map. 

Thank you in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.