Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tevon713
Helper IV
Helper IV

Measure total column per year incorrect

Hi all. I need help again. I was testing some measures and found out the the total of measure column is incorrect.

With filters on the time period, the per month or row calculation look okay but when on year ie in this case 2021, which is the total is wrong.

I'm not sure how fix this or get around so the total or entire year is actual total not a calculation. Noted when sum synax is fine, it with the divide from one column to another.

Please help and advise. Thank you.

Tevon713_0-1653613383446.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Tevon713 ,

Try these formulas as a measure

Average of Monthly Divisions = 
AVERAGEX( 
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Table', Table[Year], Table[Month Name], "Div", [Divide Measure] ),
    [Div]
)
Sum of Monthly Divisions = 
SUMX ( 
    [Div]
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

35.59 is correct - 9005/253.  What is the problem?  

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

The issue is when the user select entire year and not per month, it will be incorrect. The "Sum Trx/Op Day" is correct, however for the column "(Sum Trx/OP Day)/FTEs"... FTEs should take average and divide. So for year 2021 should be 35.59/1 = 35.59 not 2.97.   

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tevon713 ,

For Sum Trx/Op Day, the formula is dividing the total Sum Trx by Op Day. What value do you expect? Sum of the monthly divisions? Average of the monthly divisions?

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

The "Sum Trx by Op Day" look okay. Think the issue is at (Sum Trx/Op Day / FTEs), FTEs should take average. If user select entire year, FTEs should be 1 not 12.

Hi @Tevon713 ,

Try these formulas as a measure

Average of Monthly Divisions = 
AVERAGEX( 
    [Div]
)
Sum of Monthly Divisions = 
SUMX ( 
    [Div]
)

Thank you very much @danextian. The average of monthly divisions is what I'm after. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.