Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure based on Field value

I have two measure Total-1 and Total-2.  I have a field called Stores which have texts like: "Red","Blue","Pink"......

I want to create a Measure in such a way that

Total = Total-1 when [Stores] = "Red"

Else Total = Total-2

How can I achevie this in DAX ?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  add new measure like this and now put stores and new total measure in a table visual and you will get the expected result.

Total = IF( MAX(Table[Stores])="Red", [Total-1], [Total-2])

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
westerdaled
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar issue but not getting passed the syntax

I have imported 2 Excel Tables in to my Power BI report

I want to create a measure based on a the field value in my row .   To keep it simple to start with

msr.MyAccPrefix = LEFT(Table1[FK_AccountCode],3) 

Well this just gives me a nice red syntax error under my field ..  The field does exist so this maybe not understanding the syntax

Looks like my bad: as you can't reference a lone field in a measure as Power BI doesn't know the context , you can only SUM,Average etc muliple field values .

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  add new measure like this and now put stores and new total measure in a table visual and you will get the expected result.

Total = IF( MAX(Table[Stores])="Red", [Total-1], [Total-2])

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.