Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jitmondo
Helper III
Helper III

Matrix with Values and percentages - Percentage Sub Total not working as expected and sums up "

Hi 

Having an issue with a matrix that has multiple metrics within it, some are numbers and sme are percentages.

They run across the months of 2023 |Jan 23|Feb 23| etc.

I have added a column sub total which is on the right of my matrix which sums up all the values, this works perfect for numerical values but my percentage values sum up by month which again is fine for the numerical metrics not the percentage metrics, as they should be a total year percentage...

Matrix               
 Month & Year              
MetricsJan-23Feb-23Mar-23Apr-23May-23Jun-23Jul-23Aug-23Sep-23Oct-23Nov-23Dec-23Sub Total   
Sales5552 136478955Correct for this metric
Mix %11%12%0%0%9%5%7%8%3%5%7%12%79%INCORRECTLY summing the percent

Has anyone experienced this before or knows a solution to work around this?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What is your expected result for Mix %  ?  Write a measure that implements that logic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jitmondo
Helper III
Helper III

the figures in the table were from a static target file, so I made the measure which produced the same results and finally added up correctly 🙂

Jitmondo
Helper III
Helper III

Thats exactly what I needed to do - thanks @lbendlin 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What is your expected result for Mix %  ?  Write a measure that implements that logic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.