Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ronaldbalza2023
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Matrix table visual into donut chart

Hi everyone, I am having the a matrix table visual and trying to make it into a donut chart. 

On the matrix table visual, I am having three rows with five different dax measures and a filter visual on.

Now, I am trying to change it into donut chart and show it only the sum amount, with the filter visual on, however, the filter on the visual doesn't seem to work. Is there any workaround on that? Thanks in advance. 

1. Matrix table visual

ronaldbalza2023_0-1671681737997.png

2. Donut chart ---just copied the matrix table visual and convert it to donut chart---the amount is different from the total in matrix visual..possibly because I removed legends?

ronaldbalza2023_1-1671681860597.png

3. this is the filter on the visual

ronaldbalza2023_2-1671681958522.png

4. these are the rows and measures on the matrix table visual

ronaldbalza2023_3-1671681990319.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ronaldbalza2023 ,

According to your problem, you put five value fields, three grouped fields in the matrix, and after trying to change the matrix directly to a pie chart, you find that your visual filter doesn't filter this pie chart, right?

If it is convenient, I have the following possible analysis of your current problem, please review and troubleshoot:

1. The first thing you need to confirm is whether the fields you put in the visual filter are from the same table as the value fields in the pie chart? If they come from the same table, is there a well-oriented filtering relationship between them?

2. Your filter field is "WTP Total", and the filter condition set is greater than or equal to one value, if it is convenient, you can first go to the Data view to see what kind of value display is under the current filter conditions?

3. As far as I know, if you put measures in these value fields in the pie chart, the measure needs to check if the All() function is not used to define the context of the output value, because according to the definition of the All() function, it will force the current measure to remove any filtering context

If there are no problems with all checks, you can provide your .pbix file (which does not contain sensitive data) that can be reproduced for further analysis. Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ronaldbalza2023 ,

According to your problem, you put five value fields, three grouped fields in the matrix, and after trying to change the matrix directly to a pie chart, you find that your visual filter doesn't filter this pie chart, right?

If it is convenient, I have the following possible analysis of your current problem, please review and troubleshoot:

1. The first thing you need to confirm is whether the fields you put in the visual filter are from the same table as the value fields in the pie chart? If they come from the same table, is there a well-oriented filtering relationship between them?

2. Your filter field is "WTP Total", and the filter condition set is greater than or equal to one value, if it is convenient, you can first go to the Data view to see what kind of value display is under the current filter conditions?

3. As far as I know, if you put measures in these value fields in the pie chart, the measure needs to check if the All() function is not used to define the context of the output value, because according to the definition of the All() function, it will force the current measure to remove any filtering context

If there are no problems with all checks, you can provide your .pbix file (which does not contain sensitive data) that can be reproduced for further analysis. Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.