Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Chantine
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Conditional Formatting correct in totals but not values

Hi,

I am currently building a matrix that has 2 row values and one column. I have formatted this matrix to colour based on whether a role is over/under/within capacity for that month. The current table this is coming from is setup like this:

RoleMonth YearTime TypeHours
ConsultantJanuary 2024Project30
ConsultantJanuary 2024Capacity40
ConsultantJanuary 2024Request15

The matrix currently looks like this:

Chantine_0-1705577834319.png

Where the totals (e.g., developer) are correct but the project/request level and grand total on the bottom is incorrect. The values in the matrix are summing hours where time type = Request or Project, and is compared against a measure for Capacity where Time type = Capacity. 

Is there anything I'm doing incorrectly? I thought it might be because the capacity measure isn't in the matrix, but then the totals shouldn't be correct either?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Chantine
Frequent Visitor

In case anyone is curious or has the same issue, I found that because my capacity was also marked within the time type column, it was filtering it out in the matrix (as I only added project and request types together). This measure solved the issue for me: 

Capacity = CALCULATE([Time],ALLEXCEPT('Hours Planned','Hours Planned'[Month Year],'Hours Planned'[Role]),'Hours Planned'[Time Type] = "Capacity")

So it only added together capacity lines and kept the month year filter from the matrix, but ignored the time type filter that the matrix was imposing. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chantine
Frequent Visitor

In case anyone is curious or has the same issue, I found that because my capacity was also marked within the time type column, it was filtering it out in the matrix (as I only added project and request types together). This measure solved the issue for me: 

Capacity = CALCULATE([Time],ALLEXCEPT('Hours Planned','Hours Planned'[Month Year],'Hours Planned'[Role]),'Hours Planned'[Time Type] = "Capacity")

So it only added together capacity lines and kept the month year filter from the matrix, but ignored the time type filter that the matrix was imposing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.