Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

leongramm99
Frequent Visitor

Market Share Calculation Matrix

Hi guys! 

Basically I'm trying to calculate market share in a matrix table over multiple years. I went ahead and created a simple divide calculation that takes the sales value column and divides it by the market value in another column. This worked fine, although there's one problem, as you can see below in the picture, in the bottom table, there's one product that does not match with the other categories in a product segment column. So the percentage calculation gives out the value 0, since the column is not available for the market data. What I want to do instead is divide product segment D by product segment C. Is there a way to do this in PowerBI? Please let know if my question is not clear enough, I'd be more than happy to clarify this for yoo! 

Thanks a lot in advance! 

leongramm99_0-1684940200738.png

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leongramm99 , 

It's not clear what you mean, whether you can express the result you want in the form of a picture. 

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you .

Best Regards, 

Liu Yang 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.