Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Error uploading a dashboard from Power BI Desktop to the Power BI Online service.

Good afternoon

Since a few days ago, when I try to upload from the Desktop application to Power BI service a dashboard, I get the following error:

Error trying to publish XXXX: Unable to read transport connection data: An existing connection has been forced to be interrupted by the remote host.

I have checked the drivers, I have the latest update of the Desktop, I am correctly connected to the web service with my user, and I can Update the dashboard without problem. It seems that the problem is between Desktop and web service.

How can I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good morning

I have verified that by connecting through the data of my mobile phone I can upload files without problems.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good

I have the updated Desktop version, I get an error if I try to upload the file from the web service. I have open ports and the firewall is not blocking me. The file size is less than 10 MG.

I don't know what more information you need.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Here I wil give you some suggestions about your issue.

1. Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please update to the latest version 2.116.966.0 then test again. 

You can also go to Power BI service in browser, open the target workspace which you would like the report published to, click on Get Data -> Files to publish the report, check if the same issue occurs. 

2. Please make sure your network works well. You can check if firewall blocks the port to your local.

You can use fildder to capture traffic when running the query in Power BI.

https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/InstallFiddler

3. Too large data model may be a reason for your scenario, maybe you can try to cut down you data size and try again. You may also try to publish to other workspace and direct use power bi service to get data from that file.

If above suggestions still couldn't help you solve your issue, please show me more details about your data source, the size of your file and so on.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.