Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mange19
Frequent Visitor

Login in error

Hello,

I have got an error when trying to log in to Power BI. The error code is as below:

Mange19_0-1715886293391.png

WHen i click continue this message arrives:

Mange19_1-1715886425812.png

i'm a bit lost when it comes to Azure and i tried to go to Appregistrations in Azure but there i have to put in some code and register apps? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mange19 , Have you created client secret ? also have added permission for power bis service. Also have enabled Service principal in power bi service 

refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RXpvWjgZE8

same for power bi

View solution in original post

Hi,@Mange19 

Hi,@.

Based on the error message you provided to us, we speculate that the administrator may have disabled the app, so I would recommend that you contact the tenant administrator to confirm if the app is blocked.

Disable user sign-in for application - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn

Secondly, please check once and for all:

1. whether your subscription is expired.
  2. whether the user account is not enabled.
  3. whether your user account is locked.
  4. whether your attempt to log in with a username and password is correct.
  5. Whether the password you tried to log in with is temporary and has expired. (This may happen if your user account is new or your password was recently reset.)
  6. If you are a joint user or not, single login does not work.

Below are links to the relevant documentation:

Teams Code CAA2000B - Microsoft Community

error code CAA2000B - Microsoft Community

Unable to sign in to Microsoft 365, Azure, or Intune - Microsoft 365 | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-linyulu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the reply from@amitchandak   , please allow me to provide another insight:
Hi, @Mange19 Regarding the issue you raised, my solution is as follows:

1.The main reason for the above problem according to the information I found is that the email you are using is not a work or school email. So you need to have a work or school email address to register for Power BI. you cannot register using a consumer email service or telecommunication provider (e.g. outlook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com, etc.) that is provided with an email address.

Below are some links to related documents:

Solved: Power BI Desktop WAM error - Microsoft Fabric Community

Unable to login to my account in the Power BI Desk... - Page 2 - Microsoft Fabric Community

Sign up or purchase the Power BI service as an individual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Disabling ADAL or WAM to fix Office sign-in or activation issues not recommended - Microsoft 365 | M...

2.Secondly, please check if the antivirus and firewall on your computer are preventing you from logging in properly and check if any proxy settings are preventing you from logging in.

3.Finally, if you still encounter this problem after trying the above suggestions, please reinstall your desktop and check again.

4.I would recommend that you go to the Diagnostics option on the Power BI desktop and click Enable Trace and check the detailed logs in the Trace folder, which will provide you with more information about the reported errors and make it easier for you to troubleshoot the errors.

Here are some links to documentation related to login errors:

Troubleshoot sign-in issues in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

5.If the above options still don't solve your problem, here are links to do troubleshooting and how to get help:

Troubleshoot sign-in issues or reset your password for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mange19 , Have you created client secret ? also have added permission for power bis service. Also have enabled Service principal in power bi service 

refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RXpvWjgZE8

same for power bi

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I have watch the video and followed all the steps with out any problem. But i get stuck when he tries to log in to microsoft fabric. I can not log in, it won't go pass the log in. It's just loading and get stuck like below: (translate: we are trying to log you in) to fabric/power BI desktop log in. 

Mange19_0-1716922594368.png

If i try to log in trough Power bi App, i get this error: 

Mange19_1-1716922685049.png

Are there any other solutions to get access and log in to Microsoft Fabric so i can continue to follow the steps in the video?

Hi,@Mange19 

Hi,@.

Based on the error message you provided to us, we speculate that the administrator may have disabled the app, so I would recommend that you contact the tenant administrator to confirm if the app is blocked.

Disable user sign-in for application - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn

Secondly, please check once and for all:

1. whether your subscription is expired.
  2. whether the user account is not enabled.
  3. whether your user account is locked.
  4. whether your attempt to log in with a username and password is correct.
  5. Whether the password you tried to log in with is temporary and has expired. (This may happen if your user account is new or your password was recently reset.)
  6. If you are a joint user or not, single login does not work.

Below are links to the relevant documentation:

Teams Code CAA2000B - Microsoft Community

error code CAA2000B - Microsoft Community

Unable to sign in to Microsoft 365, Azure, or Intune - Microsoft 365 | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Leroy Lu

this worked! for me i had to go and buy Micorsoft Fabric 365 (free license) and activate it. This must have been because i have a new computer and somehow it wasn't activated. So Buy a free fabric license, activate it on you account and add Power BI to it and it worked. 

Thank you very much! 

Amitchandak - You answer is also a solution since it started there. Follow that video he posted first!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.