Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

h_l
Post Patron
Post Patron

Load Error

Hi there,

when the data is loading, I got following error:

h_l_0-1686637609881.png

After clicking "View errors", following window comes out:

h_l_1-1686637649804.png

these steps seemed automatically added.

Then if I remove all the steps and keep only Source, click Close and apply, all data can be loaded without error.

Could you please advise the reason? any impact? how to avoid the error comes again?

Thanks in advance.

H

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are supposed to consume the result of "View errors" and identify the column that caused the error. Once you corrected the issue you can delete the error group.

Hi @lbendlin , thanks for reply, however, there is no error (IMO) in any columns. I assume it's because some column type are automatically identified by the PowerBI so that while loading data, power bi considers some "errors" are in the columns?

Do you have advice how to change the setting so that power bi will not automatically identify the type of data?

Thanks.

H

however, there is no error (IMO) in any columns

Well, Power Query disagrees with you. There are errors.  Look at the error table, scroll horizontally through all columns and one of them with say "Error". Click next to the Error to see the detailed explanation.

Hi @lbendlin , thanks for your reply.

After clicking on "error" in the new opened window, there was an error with warning icon, but it does not existing after I remove the steps, all the "Errors in" are common table, once click to any of the table, only 1 step "Source" since all the rest steps have been removed.

h_l_0-1687156935245.png

Later the "warning icon" comes again, I will paste here and ask for further help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.