Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GuilhermeMatte

Line graph with different interpolation type for each Series

Hello  Guys!

I have a normal line graph from another power bi file that contains two different interpolation methods, one for each line.

(see below)

GuilhermeMatte_0-1713334239520.png

when I try doing the same, I can only change the line type for BOTH series at the same time, not individually.

GuilhermeMatte_1-1713334348405.png

Any idea how to replicate this first image?  I've tried reverse engineering the other graph to the best of my abilities, but with no luck. The Target needs to remain constant for the whole year, and the granularity is also the year itself, so I need a stepped line to do the trick here.

I have the first graph, so I know its possible, unless it is a deprecated feature on something else!

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rlandrith

I am part way through a project using multiple line charts with dashed steps, just like you have pictured above. It seems like there was a change to prevent setting the line type per data series as I was able to do it last week. I was able to force it to work by saving as a .pbip file and updating the report.json file with the highlighted text in the pictureScreenshot 2024-04-17 140203.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rlandrith

I am part way through a project using multiple line charts with dashed steps, just like you have pictured above. It seems like there was a change to prevent setting the line type per data series as I was able to do it last week. I was able to force it to work by saving as a .pbip file and updating the report.json file with the highlighted text in the pictureScreenshot 2024-04-17 140203.png

Hello mate!

Right on point! I did as you suggested, but whenever I changed the parameter it would change for both lines again, so I had to find the line-specific parameter and add another section of the highlighted code of your image. In the end, I was able to figure it out!

GuilhermeMatte_0-1713396241913.png

Thank you very much @Rlandrith !

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.