Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Alex_0201
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Line chart

Hi, how can one build a regular line chart from two measures? The X axis field in the line chart doesn't accept one of these measures.

12 REPLIES 12
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Alex_0201 ,

You cannot use Measures as an AXIS or a Legend.

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Hi @harshnathani Do you know if I could instead use columns (in the report mode) as Axis?

HI @Alex_0201 ,

You can use Columns as AXIS.

But can you share what you are trying to acheive and some sample data 

Thanks,

HN

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alex_0201 , Line chart can take two measures if you not using the legend. Are you using legend ?

Hi @amitchandak no, neither Legend nor Axis accept the measure. I can only add this measure into Values, Secondary Values and Tooltips.

@Alex_0201 , I am able to add the values I want :

Screenshot 2020-07-13 12.36.19.png

@amitchandak  Is your Date a measure?...I need to add a measure in the Axis field.

@Alex_0201 , No date does not measure. Can you explain the need of date measure on axis

Hi @Alex_0201 ,

Currently measure can't be used in Axis fields or Legend fields of line chart visual. Please check if the workarounds in the following threads can help you.

Use Measure as Axis in visual

How to use a measure as an axis in Power BI

Dynamically change chart axis in Power BI

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft Do you know if I could instead use columns (in the report mode) as Axis?

Hi @Alex_0201 ,

Could you please provide some sample data, expected result and the formulas of measure which you want to use in X Axis of line chart? It is better if you can explain the calculation logic of this measure. We will check if it can be created as calculated column, then use the new calculated column in line chart. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yiruan-msft Thanks for your replies. I've sent you pm (Sent: ‎07-15-2020 03:13 AM)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.